We are about to release a new version of GFS. This new release has tons of new features, bug fixes and an improved way to navigate CRUD operations.
Some of the new features for this release are:
- i18n Support. We now support all the languages that Google can translate. GFS builds up the message[_locale].properties files from the configured default language through Google Translator.
- Integrated reporting with DynamicJasper plugin http://www.grails.org/DynamicJasper+Plugin
- File Upload (Image widget and snapshots through webcam)
- Package support
- Inheritance support (Perfrom CRUDs for subclasses)
- generate-all-flex now supports wildcards “*” (see documentation on how to use this feature)
- More widgets (hslide, vslider, colorpicker, etc..)
We are also currently working on security features by including Spring Security (http://www.grails.org/AcegiSecurity+Plugin) to the GFS plugin. Since we had to modify several core classes to support the dynamic assignment of roles to services we still need to do some testing before we can release an alpha version.
You can see a new screencast on http://dist.codehaus.org/gfs/GFSv0.2-beta/gfs-screencast-0.2-beta.mov
comming soon Dynamic Jasper example screencast!!
You can download and try GFSv0.2-beta from: http://svn.codehaus.org/gfs/trunk/grails-flex-scaffold/tags/RELEASE_0_2-beta/grails-flex-scaffold-0.2-beta.zip
or see installation on http://grails.org/plugin/flex-scaffold
You can also check the code here: http://svn.codehaus.org/gfs/
Documentation is also under development. You can check the updated documentation with all the GFSv0.2 new features documentation here: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GFS/User+Guide+0.x
Please, report any bug on our jira